Teddy Sagi is a visionary serial entrepreneur and businessperson engaged in two main fields: technology and real-estate.
His interests in these fields are varied, ranging from software, e-commerce, cybersecurity and online payments - when it comes to technology - to co-working offices, commercial and residential real-estate - when it comes to real-estate. According to Forbes’ updated list of the world’s richest people, Sagi is worth $5.8B.
Sagi (52) was born in Tel Aviv in 1971. He is a self-made billionaire. He grew up as an only child in a middle-class family. Sagi has completed highly successful issuances in the British capital market, alongside successful exits and investments.
He began investing in technology and real-estate before he turned thirty:
- Playtech was his first big successful tech company: Founded in 1999, Playtech is the world’s leading online gaming platform, content and service provider with annual revenues of €1.6B. The company has a premium listing on the LSE main market and is focused on regulated and regulating markets across its B2B and B2C businesses. In 2016, Sagi began divesting and diversifying his business, reducinghis stake in Playtech until November 2018, when he sold the rest of his holdings in the company.
- SafeCharge was his second big successful tech company: Founded in 2006, SafeCharge is among the leading online payment services providers in the world. It was first listed on AIM market in early 2014 and, by the summer of 2019, it was sold to a Canadian online payments company for $890M.
- Kape was his third big successful tech company: Re-organized in mid-2016, Kape became a leading privacy-first digital security software provider listed on AIM. Following a successful purchase order - by Sagi alone - valuing Kape at $1.6B, Kape’s shares were de-listed from AIM in late May 2023 with the aim of further developing the company, but outside of the public eye.
- Pay.com is the Sagi’s newest technology company. Founded in 2021 and still private, Pay.com is developing a new and promising online payments platform.
While investing in technology, Sagi built his real-estate operations, focusing on the commercial property market in London. His first significant investment was in London’s iconic Camden Market in early 2014. Afterwards, Sagi bought other main real-estate properties in London and merged them all into one company, Market Tech Holdings.
LabTech Investments creates urban communities that provide co-working, living, commercial and leisure solutions and services, enabled by technology, powered by people and underpinned by a multibillion property portfolio. To date (2014-2022), the company has invested £2.5B in the UK real-estate market, exercising prime properties worth £1B in the UK. Currently, it holds 2M sq. ft. of assets under management in the UK and Europe.
The company owns and operates a property portfolio in London, which is at the heart of LabTech’s vision and strategy. The portfolio is divided into 3 core markets across the city’s most vibrant areas:
- The office market: Prime central London office assets; LABS - a long term and flexible office operator with 11 London locations, 96% occupancy and over 200 tenants; in-house office brand which has become a leading player in the London office market. The tenants include global companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, PWC, Ray-Ban and Starbucks.
- The residential market: Over 1,000 residential units in the UK and Spain; STAY - a scalable, award winning platform for managing residential portfolios.
- The retail market: Owner of Camden Market, a leading London tourist attraction with ~28M visitors per year and over 500 tenants; new ground-up retail development in London spanning ~150K sq. ft. with 150 new tenants and over 97% occupancy.
Additionally, through other private companies, Sagi holds properties in Florida, Tel Aviv, Dubai, Madrid, Bucharest and Nicosia. Sagi’s vision remains focused on transforming the way we work, live and communicate. Underpinning this entrepreneurial vision is a business concept based on robust corporate governance and the highest regulatory compliance and transparency standards. Teddy lives with his partner Yael Nizri, 2006 Miss Israel and their 7 children. They have homes in Tel Aviv, London, Dubai, Paris, New York and Cyprus.